Since 1975 C-CORE has provided research-based advisory services and technology solutions to help clients mitigate operational risk in ice/iceberg-prone waters world-wide. With a special focus on understanding and managing ice risk, protecting vessels and infrastructure, and advancing design for frontier regions, C‐CORE leads the world in ice and ocean engineering.
We add value to design and operations in ice by combining our ice engineering expertise with our sea ice and iceberg remote sensing services, and our ice–structure and ice–soil geotechnical analyses.
Key areas of application:
- Modeling risk and risk mitigation
- Input parameters for deterministic or probabilistic designs
- Iceberg and sea ice risk, loads, and protection of surface and subsea systems structural analysis and design
- Structural analysis and design, including comprehensive Finite Element analysis
- Waves loads and combined wave/ice loading effects
- CFD wind loading
- Testing facilities for lab, medium scale, and field trials
- Ice detection, classification, and characterization
- Pre-feed, feed, and detailed design support
- Cost-benefit analysis
- Arctic Engineering Course